Thursday 13 February 2014

21 Day Fix, day 1

As I mentioned yesterday, I went ahead and started the 21 day fix today!  I would have to say today has been, okay.  Not great, but not bad.  
My calorie range is in the 1200-1499 range.  I am allowed
4 Reds
2 Purples
3 Green
1 Blue
1 Orange
2 Yello
2 TSP

I started this before a trip to the store, but I had everything here to fill my containers. After getting through today, I realized I need to move my meals around a bit,  because I was REALLY hungry between 3-6.  So here is what my day looked like. 

Morning coffee
  No creamer, 1 stevia.  I WILL adjust LOL.

Breakfast
1 red, 1 purple
2 hard boiled eggs, and strawberries
I am not very hungry in the morning, and plan on taking out a red this early.  I feel like I could of used it later in the day. 

Snack after workout
1 red, 1 purple
No picture for this (sorry!) but I had one scoop of vanilla Shakeology, 10oz of water, and half a banana.

Lunch
1 red, 2 greens, 1 blue and 1 orange
No more cheese to fill up my blue, I really didn't need it.  And I had to cheat a little and use some of my yogurt ranch dressing...I know, I know.  But in my defense, I didn't have anything to make the 21 day fix dressings, and I was hungry, and didn't want a dry salad.  I used about half of my orange container just to give it a little more flavor.

The girls get home, and normally we are digging for a snack.  Apples, string cheese, things like that...well, I couldn't have those today, and again, I was hungry!  This is the normal time I'm snacking, so was it my mind triggering my body to be hungry, but I could of been okay?  Maybe.  Regardless, I had 1 yellow, which was a sweet potato, while we relaxed after school and played Mario Cart.

Dinner
1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow
That's rice, lettuce, and a turkey burger cut up.

SO.  I did my best.  I definitely have room to improve.  There are lots of options when it comes to these meals, but I worked with what I had at home. 

Right now, again, I'm a little hungry.  But like I told my husband, I'm doing this to change my habits.  Normally on a day like today when I felt hungry, I would of stuck my head in the fridge and got something to eat.  Not knowing where I was for the day in calories, or in carbs/proein/fats.  
Since I am in the lowest calorie bracket, I am going to give this a few days, and then see if I'm still this hungry at the end of the day.  I don't know if I adjust...or stick it out the whole 21 days. 

Oh, and the first workout...was AWESOME.  I am already sore.  I was breathing heavy the entire time.  She has a Jillian type style of workouts, but isn't as hardcore.  I'll try and get a video up tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment