Saturday 10 August 2013

Back to school

Back to school.  But also, STARTING school.  Does preschool count as "school" or is it just a getting your fee wet kind of thing?  Learning the routine, whats expected, ect.
We got totally spoiled and found the best preschool ever.  The teachers, the Moms, everything about it was just awesome.  I mean, I actually hang out with some of the Moms.  Normally you gone your separate ways and be done.  Not this group.  We got lucky.

But Kindergarten.  Big changes.  All day.  No more lunch at home.  No more hanging out after lunch doing whatever we want.  Watching movies, being silly, waiting for Daddy to come home from work.  Not its all freakin day.  Who does all day Kindergarten anyway?  Jeesh.

I know they will adjust. Abby will have a rough time I'm sure of it.  We have been preparing for a long time.  Today we went shopping with Nana and bought all their new school clothes, shoes, backpacks, and their lunch box's.  (waaahhhhhhhh!!! :(

Is it them, or is it me?  Am I making this into a bigger deal then it's going to be?  Will they adjust just fine, and it will be me sitting here crying missing them.  I mean come on.  I'm normal right?  Both kids heading off at the same time, leaving my days open and free to do what I want. 

I will work more.  And that will be very good for my business.  I love my job, and have plans to get out in the community and hopefully teach some Insanity classes and start a Fit Club. 

I will have more time to clean, maybe my house won't look so shitty all the time. 

I will do more work outside to make my yard look better. 

I will miss them like crazy.  And wonder how this happened.  How did 5 years go by so fast?  Life is nuts.  I love looking back, and seeing how much fun we had together.  I know we have lots more time for fun, and we will make more memories.  But in a way, I feel like I'm losing them a little.

It's not just me right?


No comments:

Post a Comment